Movement Matters, a fully illustrated Montessori album, is written to provide Montessori educators with ways to implement movement experiences for 2 ½ to 6-year-old children.
This book gives educators the tools to:
- present Fundamental Movement lessons in the classroom and normalize movement practice into the environment,
- create concrete movement materials to place on a Movement Shelf,
- implement movement practice within a child’s daily work cycle to enhance and support learning, and
- successfully lead large group movement activities.
This Fully Illustrated Album Includes:
- 16 Fundamental Movement Lessons
- 54 Large Group Physical Activities
- 27 Lessons for Individual Work to place on the Movement Shelf
About The Book:
- Movement Matters: A Movement Album for Montessori Early Childhood Programs by Melani A. Fuchs and Diane H. Craft
(Paperback – 2012); 8 ½ x 11 • 241 pages
- Audience: Educators in Montessori Early Childhood Programs